 Robotics / 6437
    RE: New web pages —Jim Thomas
   In the description of the Riley Bot 2 you mentioned that it could only go straight on certain surfaces. I remember seeing on someone's web site a large wheel created out of many small wheels mounted perpendicularly around the diameter. With this (...) (25 years ago, 19-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        linear wheels (was Re: New web pages) —Robert Munafo
   (...) That's a type of linear wheel, which I call an "inverted linear wheel". Yes, it's a good solution, and I have been working on exactly such a design over the last two weeks (currently waiting for parts to arrive from Dacta before I can (...) (25 years ago, 19-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)