 Robotics / 6424
    Re: ideas for a RIS 2.0 - Rechargability —Tom Cramer
   (...) This would be nice, but remember that toy companies are one of a few reasons disposable batteries exist. :-) On the subject of rechargability though, has anyone used the new Energizer Ni-MH batteries in the RCX? How do they compair to normal (...) (25 years ago, 18-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: ideas for a RIS 2.0 - Rechargability —Arjen Gerstel
   I tried NiMH batteries in my RCX. It lost its firmware. I suspect the output voltage (6 x 1.2 = 7.2) is too low. You should be able to do it using an external battery pack, but I suggest you use 8 cells instead of 6. The resulting 9.6 volts shouln't (...) (25 years ago, 28-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)