 Robotics / 6251
  Power Usage of RCX

I was astonished to find that when the RCX is just on (NOT running a task) with the light sensor, both switches, and both motors connected that the Battery voltage drops very quickly. 12 mV a second or more. Is this to be expected. Is the RCX watch (...) (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Usage of RCX

James Pritchard <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:01BEE41B.A7DED0...gin.net... (...) 0.012V/second would be 0.72V/minute at that rate you would be to 0v in 12 minutes. My RCX runs for several hours on a set of new alkaline batteries. (...) (25 years ago, 12-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Usage of RCX

(...) As you draw power out of a battery, its voltage will start to decay. Usually this is specified as some sort of discharge curve of battery voltage vs. time under a constant load. Each type of battery has different characteristics, but assuming (...) (25 years ago, 12-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)