 Robotics / 6231
  RCX Firmware storage.

After a near heartattack with my TI-89 after upgrading it's flash ROM (I think it is flash rom, Flash Somethin, (URL) I have to ask myself what exactly does the RCX have to store the Fireware. After pulling all avaible power source to my TI-89, it (...) (25 years ago, 10-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX Firmware storage.

(...) microcontroller's on chip ROM. The other half (which gets downloaded) isn't really firmware. Its stored in SRAM that is powered from the main batteries. If you take out the batteries the firmware will be lost after a few minutes. If you want (...) (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX Firmware storage.

STARRWARSS@aol.com writes: > Anywho, what exactly does the RCX use to store the Firmware? ROM. Hard-coded, can't change it, ROM. That's okay, of course, because all it has in it is a program loader and a few simple programs. (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)