 Robotics / 6208
Re: Automatic Change sorter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:44:10 GMT

Weight (or mass, for the engineers out there) would be another distinguishing
characteristic. Thickness would be another, but I expect it would be a tough one
to measure with Legos. Sounds like your design may have to distinguish more than
one characteristic to be accurate.

STARRWARSS@aol.com wrote:

<<   There are at least six coins in common circulation in the US: the penny,
nickel, dime, quarter, Kennedy half-dollar, and Susan B. Anthony silver
dollar.  Did I miss any? >>

Yeah, well, accually, I screwed up, I forgot about the half dollar, but
accually, how about the 4 main coins, penny, nickle, dime and quarter.

While diameters are nice, but the differance between a dime and a penny is
next to none.  possible reflection could do it via light sensor.

KGB AgEnT #4 OUT AKA Clint Rutkas