 Robotics / 6184
Re: help me spend some money!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 20:14:37 GMT

Jonathan Woodward writes:
> At 03:29 PM 8/9/99 EDT, DanL08@aol.com wrote:
> > Actually, this is not such a great idea.  You get absolutely no
> > storage with the RIS that is compatible for a school setting.
>
>     -However, the Dacta stuff tends to be much more expensive per part
> than "regular" Lego kits like 9719, and storage is cheap.  (Try the
> WorkForce Organizers, available at Home Depot.)

Different kind of storage than DanL is talking about.  The school-type
storage has a place for every part.  You can see at a glance whether
all the parts have been returned.  This is important to avoid lossage
(theft *or* misplacement).  A student can see that they've been given
a full set, and a teacher can see that they've returned a full set.

--
-russ nelson <rn-sig@crynwr.com>  http://crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | Government schools are so