 Robotics / 6129
Re: wireless communication to RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 16:08:15 GMT

A simple way to overcome the unidirectional problem of the IR link is to build
your robot with the RCX pointing up.  Suspend the IR tower from the ceiling,
pointing down.  For a small room, this should cover the entire area.  Only
problem is when your wife objects to cables dangling from the ceiling   ;)

    - pete.

STARRWARSS@aol.com wrote:

See, what i was thinking for wireless communication was accually something
more or less like a small adapter or something you would put infront of the
tower then the RCX.

basically it would convert the IR to radio then from Radio to IR.

I've been wanting to make something like this cause I love to control the RCX
in real time, just the IR doesn't cover every point in my room like radio
would.

Then just adding a wireless camcorder and you would have a nice little toy,
eh?

I have no clue how hard this would be since I'm not one that is savy in
electronics.

I would figure in no way this can accually void the warrenty on the RCX
either cause there would be nothing that woudl modify the RCX itself.

KGB AgEnT #4 OUT AKA Clint Rutkas

Pete Sevcik     sevcik@flash.net
Techno-stuff Robotics
http://www.flash.net/~sevcik/