 Robotics / 609
Re: Perl-based H300 disassembler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 01:50:42 GMT

----------
From: Bob Wind <rwind@gfn.org>
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Perl-based H300 disassembler
Date: Monday, October 26, 1998 5:39 PM

----------
From: Gary Kacmarcik <garykac@hotmail.com>
I've written a H300 disassembler in Perl for those who are interested.

I was scanning through your Perl code for the disassembler, and I think
that I saw a bug.
The last few lines of the file are supposed to define the 6F opcode, but
the encode =>
section has the binary code 01101110 which is 6E.

I used this dissembler on my firmware file, and it has been very helpful.

I just wondered
if this was a minor error.

Bob Wind
rwind at gfn dot org

It looks like there is a problem with the 7D opcodes in my diassembly
of the firmware from this disassembler.  The disassembly of the
Firm0309.lgo firmware file only has a few locations where the 7D
opcode is used, and they all decode to a bset rhl,@r2 instruction.
For example:
0080FA  7D607070  bset  r7h,@r6
0083A4  7D407270  bset  r7h,@r4
00864A  7D507100  bset  r0h,@r5
0087FE  7D607100  bset  r0h,@r6
00889C  7D607100  bset  r0h,@r6
008AA6  7D607100  bset  r0h,@r6

The encode sections in the PERL disassembler look like the above
lines should be:
0080FA  7D607070  bset  #7,@r6
0083A4  7D407270  bclr  #7,@r4
00864A  7D507100  bnot  #0,@r5