 Robotics / 6029
  Re: Soda-can challenge: beacons, tethers, etc. (was Re: Locating your position with the help of fixed be

>Beacons are illegal, however you may use any non-active means to identify >location. Someone suggested painting the floor with an increasing gradient >of darkness. Let me re-phrase that. The rules specifically prohibit beacons from being used to (...) (25 years ago, 4-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Beacons in Joel's challenge, (was Re: Soda-can challenge: beacons, tethers, etc.

How about using beacons to locate your position in the room? Can the robot place one beacon in each corner of the 8x8 room and then triangulate off the four beacons while navigating the rest of the room to find the cams? By the way, I didn't see (...) (25 years ago, 5-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)