 Robotics / 5999
  Don't use Lithium Ion (was Re: RCX battery cover)

Someone sent me an e-mail reply saying that they had used an external Lithium Ion battery pack to power their RCX, and that after a few days of use the RCX appeared to stop working, then they discovered that it only worked with internal batteries. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Don't use Lithium Ion (was Re: RCX battery cover)

(...) It would be good to figure out exactly what the burnout mechanism was. does any other external power source work? I use a 4Ahr 12V rechargable gel-cel as used in many security panels, its no-load voltage is about 13V and I have used it for a (...) (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)