 Robotics / 5910
5909  |  5911
Subject:
legOS-0.1.7 web compiler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 05:13:52 GMT

I've been away from this list for a while, but was surprised recently
while cleaning up my hard disk to find that people were still
occasionally using the web legOS compiler I'd set up long ago.  I
recently changed service providers, so the service's address has
changed; in addition, since I'm now directly exposed to the
depredations of the Internet, I've decided to run only secure services
(to the extent that it's possible to do so).  So, if you want to use
my compiler (and you're welcome to do so), you'll have to connect to:

https://vheissu.mersenne.com/~dhm/compile-legOS.html

Two caveats:

* The secure server is using a certificate I signed myself, and your
  browser will probably complain about it.  Netscape, at least, will
  allow you to connect, after leading you through 5 or 6 screens of
  warnings and explanations.  I don't know about IE.

* The machine's home page contains a mild expletive that may not be
  appropriate for the parents of young children to discover that the
  children know.  So, if you're a young child, don't let your parents
  find out that you've ever heard that word.  (Don't worry, they'll
  get over it eventually. :-) And if you're a parent and feel inclined
  to take me to task, *get over it*.  It's a *joke*.

regards,
d.