 Robotics / 590
Re: RCX software / design sharing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 21:15:12 GMT

I have been playing with my Mindstorms for about a week now and am
growing impatient with the RCX software that ships with the unit.  I
know there are many things out there, Mind Control, RoboLab (from TLG?),
NQCC, etc.  What I would like to know is:

1) What are the benefits of these (can they work the RCX via the IR link
or must you download, are they "real programming languages", etc.)?

At least NQC and Mind Control allow you to download your own autonomous
program into the RCX.

From what I can tell there is a great deal of Mindstorms activity out
there, but it is difficult to keep up with all of it.  While I want to
make my RCX dance and sing (well dance anyway ;-) I just don't have the
kind of time required to learn ever piece of software out there to
determine what's best.  A head start would be appreciated.

To get a head start, you may wish to look at
http://www.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/robo

Eric Brok
Visit LEGO ON MY MIND:
http://www.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind