 Robotics / 5859
  Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?

(...) I had exactly the same experience. I used that kind of compressor on my S5 robot many months ago, it's slow and unefficient. The small pumps work much better. Ralph Hempel has a very good double action compressor in his page: (URL) like his (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?

(...) After the big piston operates once, how long does it take to recharge the pressure? (...) I did not build a compressor using the large pumps before, only the small pumps, so I believe in your findings. Still I wonder why. The larger pump takes (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?

(...) Yes, I guess friction is the answer. 1) The difference in the surface of the pistons between the two kind of pumps is important. I didn't compute the ratio, but imagine can easily be 1:10 or even more. To get that ratio you need to gear down (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?

(...) How much did they cost? It's a real pain to get them by any other means... Stuart -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?

(...) sequence (...) only (...) 51.99 FF, that means 7.93 Euros. About 8.40 USD at current exchange rate. The problems is they don't ship abroad. To get them here in Italy I had to send a check in FF and ask them for shipping to a French address (my (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?

Hi all, I actually live in Monaco, south of France and I'm about to place an order to Lego France for some spare parts. I can post orders quite easily and send to US using UPS or DHL as some of my company offices are in SF, California. if anybody is (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)