 Robotics / 579
Re: The IR beacon, was Re: Homebrew sensors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 13:33:25 GMT

Paul Haas wrote:
I plan on making a "garage" for the RCX.  An otherwise dark
place with the IR tower.  The RCX will know it is "home" when
the IR beacon is very bright and it is otherwise dark.  I get
beacond on readings of 70 to 100 at 6 inches depending on alignment.

And if you mounted some sort of plug on the front of your robot it could
mate with a matching socket when it entered the garage and wait there
until its batteries were recharged!
--

If it ain't opinionated, it ain't Rich Teer.