 Robotics / 5687
    Re: new robotag movies —Matthew Miller
   (...) I had the permissions on my ftp server a bit to strict; if you tried to download the movies and were denied, try again -- should work properly now. Also, note that the URL is (URL) any angle brackets <> around anything. Sorry if that confused (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: new robotag movies —Michael Scharff
   Actually that is not a bug. It defies logic to think it IS a bug. The AI that recognizes a URL in Outlook and Outlook Express looks for certain things, like the URL: and HTTP: designators with text immediately following (this means no space). It (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Off topic - Re: new robotag movies —Ben Williamson
     (...) Actually, it is a bug. The '<' and '>' characters are explicitly illegal in URLs. Refer to <URL:(URL) if you're unsure. That document is a BNF grammar for URLs. BNF is standard programming methodology for string parsing. No AI required. From (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: new robotag movies —Todd Lehman
   [crossposted to and followups set to lugnet.publish] (...) Yikes! I can't believe what I'm reading. Michael -- you're saying that Outlook's "AI" believes that the greater-than character is a valid part of a URL?!? (God help us all if it's true!) As (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.publish)