 Robotics / 5687
Re: new robotag movies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 01:14:15 GMT

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote:
I haven't actually updated the program or design, but I've made some fairly
decent Real Video clips of RoboTag in action. Check out
<http://www.mattdm.org/mindstorms/>.

I had the permissions on my ftp server a bit to strict; if you tried to
download the movies and were denied, try again -- should work properly now.

Also, note that the URL is

  http://www.mattdm.org/mindstorms/

Without any angle brackets <> around anything. Sorry if that confused
people. Standard URL notation is in fact supposed to be
<URL:http://www.mattdm.org/mindstorms/>, and I tend to abbreviate that by
leaving off the URL: part, as everyone recognizes what it is these days. I
still like to surround URLs by angle brackets when used in text. That way,
the URL can't be smashed up against punctuation (notably, periods and maybe
question marks) which might be confused for actual parts of the address. If
your mail reader is interpreting the > as part of the URL, it has a bug
which you should report.