 Robotics / 568
Re: Spirit.OCX & Starting a Program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 01:18:54 GMT

Brett Carver wrote:
Dave Baum wrote:
Since task 0 is the task activated by the "Run" button, you can run a
program by using StartTask(0).  You can select which program to run
with the SelectProgram() command.

Is it possible to do this from within a running program?  What I read
implied to me that the SelectProgram() would stop the current program so
it wouldn't be running to issue the StartTask().

As far as I know, you can't set and start a different program from within
another program.  Execution stops when you switch programs, so the
following start task instruction will never get reached.

Maybe Dave meant that you can switch programs using the IR link, then start
task 0, also using the IR link.  This works just fine.

It would sure be nice to have a movement program that when complete
could start another program that would do a different function.

You can do this - sort of.  The restriction is that all the "programs" have
to be implemented as tasks of a single program.

-Kekoa