 Robotics / 5662
Re: Lots of new FAQ answers and some revisions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 17:57:43 GMT

I noticed a description of a Sound Sensor in this FAQ
http://www.lugnet.com/faq/?n=536.  I wonder if anybody has ever tried
hooking a microphone up directly to the input of an RCX the way that is
suggested.  I doubt it would really work.  The microphone voltage would be
modulated at audio frequencies but the RCX samples at much slower rate.
Also condenser microphones often require a DC supply that wouldn't be
available without extra electronics.