 Robotics / 5651
Re: new pics on legomindstorms.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 03:27:17 GMT

I already oopsed on the age thing... but as for the rest, I agree that it
is certainly possible to learn the stuff- I started with basic at 8. But
the difference was that I had a reasonably clueful teacher to teach me- I
don't think that my step-mother will be teaching any coding classes soon,
and I wonder how many other parents will. In that sense, making parents
make sense of it is just as important, if not more so. I would love to
see Lego do this right- I want the company to be around in 10-15 years
for my kids. I just hope it works out for them, and they can find a
balance which doesn't scare off kids, but which allows for powerful
hardware for those of us who can use it in other ways. At the moment, I
get the feeling that the balance is too far towards ease of use. We'll
see with 1.5, I guess.
-Luis