 Robotics / 5519
    RIS vs Rug Warriors —Michael L. Hess
   The Lego RIS is an ideal platform to learn about robotics. Has anyone on this list looked into Rug Warriors? It is, also, a Lego platform but it uses the Motorola 6811 series controller. In operation it is almost identical to the RIS but it has more (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: RIS vs Rug Warriors —Michael Scharff
     I've never heard of rug warriors, is this something new that Lego offers? I'm a robot freak, so anything I can add to the repertoire of relatively low cost "toys" is a godsend (It's a VERY expensive hobby, not to mention Lego's aren't all that cheap (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RIS vs Rug Warriors —Phil Watt
     I actually used the "Rug Warriors" Handyboard way before the RIS was released. The interactive C software from newtonlabs (www.newtonlabs.com) is fantastic. A little "over-the-head" for kids, but how many kids actually use the RIS is in-question. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RIS vs Rug Warriors —Nick Taylor
   (...) Michael ... IMHO the HandyBoard is much better (and better supported) than the RugWarrior. Here is the MIT site: (URL) out Dave Baum's (the father of NQC) HandyBoard experience: (URL) presently have two RCXs and one HandyBoard, but am about to (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)