 Robotics / 5519
  RIS vs Rug Warriors

The Lego RIS is an ideal platform to learn about robotics. Has anyone on this list looked into Rug Warriors? It is, also, a Lego platform but it uses the Motorola 6811 series controller. In operation it is almost identical to the RIS but it has more (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: RIS vs Rug Warriors

I've never heard of rug warriors, is this something new that Lego offers? I'm a robot freak, so anything I can add to the repertoire of relatively low cost "toys" is a godsend (It's a VERY expensive hobby, not to mention Lego's aren't all that cheap (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS vs Rug Warriors

I actually used the "Rug Warriors" Handyboard way before the RIS was released. The interactive C software from newtonlabs (www.newtonlabs.com) is fantastic. A little "over-the-head" for kids, but how many kids actually use the RIS is in-question. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS vs Rug Warriors

(...) Michael ... IMHO the HandyBoard is much better (and better supported) than the RugWarrior. Here is the MIT site: (URL) out Dave Baum's (the father of NQC) HandyBoard experience: (URL) presently have two RCXs and one HandyBoard, but am about to (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)