 Robotics / 548
547  |  549
Subject:
How to receive messages from the CuberMaster unit?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 15:27:37 GMT

I'm currently using Dave Baum's NQC on a Linux system with CyberMaster
(thanks to Peter Ljungstrand's adaption), and am very happy with that.

However, I often find myself in the position where I want to transfer
data from the CyberMaster mobile unit to the computer, and am unable to
figure out how to do that.

Here's an example.  I found that by mounting the yellow touch sensor to
a port and using it as a light sensor with the statement:

        Sensor(IN_1,IN_LIGHT);

The number 49 can be read off the input port when the sensor is _not_
pressed.  I found this number by trial and error, which admittedly took
me some while, and would like to see a method of transfering this number
directly.  Is this possible?  I do not have access to spirit.ocx
programming, sorry.

BTW: This can be a way to distinguish between the different touch
sensors, right?

Fredrik