 Robotics / 5401
    Re: MIT handy board or laptop.. —Alex Wetmore
   (...) The handyboard is lighter, cheaper, and has I/O ports designed for robotics. With a laptop you would have to interface some sort of I/O card for your sensors, mostly likely through the parallel port since it is the easiest device to interface (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: MIT handy board or laptop.. —Dennis Clark
   (...) Perhaps, but you'll find that there aren't that many more ports available easily. With effort yes. (...) Indeed. Handyboard, Botboard, Fingerboard, and LOTs of other HC11 as well as 8051 stuff is out there. Your programming environment gets a (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: MIT handy board or laptop.. —Alex Wetmore
   (...) That would be great if you could show me a 8086 or 286 that ran Linux. You can get Xenix (or could get Xenix) for 286 machines, but you probably can't write the low-level device drivers to run the I/O ports that you'll be custom building for (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        [ANN] pbFORTH 1.0.5 for RCX —Ralph Hempel
   Finally, I have got pbFORTH to where I can release it again. It now has: - A simple cooperative tasker - A marker word so you can erase things easily - Support for poweroff - High res (10msec) count down and stop timers - Various and sundry fixes (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)