 Robotics / 5315
Re: micro motor sometimes stuck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 14:50:34 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Hao-yang Wang writes:
Why does the micro motor sometimes get stuck, and then I have to turn it by
hand to restart it?

I can't tell you why technically, but it's a documented fact that it does.
Use it only for low-torgue applications, and try not to stall it.
<SNIP>

Still, I'd like to know the technical reason behind the stuck.

I recall reading somewhere (but I can't remember where) that the micro-
motor has an internal switch to protect it from stall current.

If you hold it up to your ear when it's stuck and apply power, you can
hear a small click, I think.  Haven't messed with one in a while....

John C.