 Robotics / 529
    The IR beacon, was Re: Homebrew sensors? —Paul Haas
   (...) The light sensor is directional without a tunnel. I use the IR tower as a beacon. I've got a perl script that listens for RCX messages. Here's the normal sequence of events: 1. RCX sends the message 2 "Turn on your beacon, so I can find you" (...) (26 years ago, 13-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: The IR beacon, was Re: Homebrew sensors? —Fred Read
     (...) And if you mounted some sort of plug on the front of your robot it could mate with a matching socket when it entered the garage and wait there until its batteries were recharged! (26 years ago, 16-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: The IR beacon, was Re: Homebrew sensors? —Paul Haas
     (...) Eventually, I want to make a robot that can keep the cats water dish filled. Eventually, maybe a humidifier. So the task becomes finding the water source, loading up, getting to the water destination and unloading. This is easy to turn into a (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: The IR beacon, was Re: Homebrew sensors? —Daniel Miller
     (...) ...as long as you don't spill any into the RCX :) Daniel "Dan'l" Miller Senior, School of Aeronautics and danielmi@expert.cc.purdue.edu Astronautics, Purdue, Indiana danielmi@cartoon.ecn.purdue.edu (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: The IR beacon, was Re: Homebrew sensors? —Eric Brandwine
   (...) ph> I think that the light sensor is read once every 3 milliseconds. When you ph> think you're reading the light sensor, you're really getting the last ph> sample. Anyone want to verify that? Dunno about the bit level, but the Official Lego (...) (26 years ago, 16-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)