 Robotics / 5241
  Re: Motor Sensor

(...) [...] I'm not sure but I remember something I read in this group that the inputs on the RCX can only read resistance. Someone correct me if I'm wrong... Laurentino Martins [mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt] [(URL) you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 8-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Motor Sensor

(...) the RCX can only read resistance. Someone correct me if I'm wrong... (...) Pretty close. Really it reads current, resistors are a good way to select this current, but its really the current that is sensed. His idea of using a motor as a (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Motor Sensor

Dennis Clark <dlc@verinet.com> wrote in message news:FD0uAG.G9s@lugnet.com... (...) select (...) Actually the RCX reads voltage. In any of the passive modes it reads from 0 to 5V. There happens to be a pull up resistor (10K to 5V) internal to the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Motor Sensor

I expect that Lego has designed the RCX so that hooking up an output port to an input port directly will not damage it. Kids will probably do that just for fun sooner or later. Hooking up a motor to an input port should therefore be safe, too, as it (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Motor Sensor

(...) in 100ms increments? Anything faster than 5 Hertz is not going to read accurately. Stuart -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)