 Robotics / 5212
Re: gearing down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 20:42:11 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Roland Kippenhan) writes:
Non-LEGO alert:

Speaking of gearing down, in February I bought a Tamiya planetary gear
set at Frys.  At maximum reduction it gives me a 400:1 reduction.  I
glued it onto a couple bricks and the height was perfect.  I've been
very happy with it.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any more
of them. Frys has only had the Tamiya worm gear sets.  Anybody know
where to get some of these Tamiya planetary gear sets?

  Check this Canadian site: http://www.hvwtech.com/robotics.htm#gearsets

They have all of the Tamiya gear sets it appears.

DLC