 Robotics / 5181
Re: rotation sensor question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 19:34:05 GMT

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Luis Villa wrote:

A quick question for those of you that have rotation sensors- do they spin
freely, or would they add significant friction to a setup? I ask because
I'd like to experiment with a balancing problem, and would need to
measure the angle of a pole without significantly changing how it falls.
I'm wondering if the angle sensors from Dacta will fill that role. Please
let me know...

There is very little turning resistance, but then this isn't a ball-bearing
shaft with lubrication.  It is probably as little as you can expect from a
Lego part.

John A. Tamplin Traveller Information Services
jat@LiveOnTheNet.COM 2104 West Ferry Way
256/705-7007 - FAX 256/705-7100 Huntsville, AL 35801