 Robotics / 5175
    Sending raw IR characters. —Assad; Mark
   Hi, I'm fairly new to all these things with the Lego Minstorm (i.e. I only picked one up last Tuesday.), so this might be a fairly stupid question, but I've been unable to find an answer. I've been using the LegOS distirbution running under gcc on a (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Sending raw IR characters. —Kekoa Proudfoot
   (...) The problem is that you can't simply use a terminal program to communicate with the RCX. The IR interface doesn't allow the transmission of arbitrary patterns of bytes and therefore won't allow it. You need to encode bytes before sending them, (...) (25 years ago, 28-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)