 Robotics / 5175
5174  |  5176
Subject:
Sending raw IR characters.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 04:01:57 GMT

Hi,

I'm fairly new to all these things with the Lego Minstorm (i.e. I only
picked one up last Tuesday.), so this might be a fairly stupid question,
but I've been unable to find an answer.

I've been using the LegOS distirbution running under gcc on a linux box to
do some simple development, but what I would like would be to use the IR
transmitter as debuging output with a simple terminal program. The problem
is that whenever I try and send anything with the IR functions in LegOS I
end up sending more than the bytes that I want to send, it seems to be
wrapped in some kind of header.

I've looked at the hforth implementation for RCX, and that does pretty
much what I want to do, so I'm assuming it is possible, I just don't know
how it was done.

If someone has any idea how I should go about doing this, or just
something to point me in the right direction I would be very greatful.

Thanks!