 Robotics / 5112
5111  |  5113
Subject:
Lego at E3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 17:19:29 GMT

Hi all.

Being a resident of Los Angeles, I had the opportunity to attend E3 this
year (Electronic Entertainment Expo). Primarily a trade event for the video
game industry; I was somewhat surprised to see Lego setup there with a
"Mindstorms" booth.  I had the opportunity to see the Star Wars models in
the flesh. Specifically, the R2D2 model.  I asked the Lego rep. where the
Mars Explorer set was and he informed that it was being pushed back to late
2000. He also alluded to a tethered "web-cam" project in the works for the
RIS.

They had a "robot-wars" arena setup, but I didn't see anything in there.
They also had a bunch of tables setup with big piles of Legos where people
were laboring over their creations. I wish I had more details and had I
known Lego was going to be there I would have solicited questions from this
group to ask the Lego reps.

Nishan