 Robotics / 5089
  Re: If only I could afford a ... webcam? / Re: Fishing for a tasty linkage/gearing/robotic building thread...

(...) The real challenge would be transmitting the images back to the computer. Using cables puts the cambot on a leash. I wonder if anyone has a camera that uses IR to transfer the images to a PC? (...) This problem has already been solved - the (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  If only I could afford a ... webcam? / Re: Fishing for a tasty linkage/gearing/robotic building thread...

Wes: If you did have a digital camera, would you mount it on a 'bot to create a dirigible webcam? And if Wes did have such a webcam, what kind of programming would it take to give me the ability to direct it in real time from my desktop, over the (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: If only I could afford a ... webcam? / Re: Fishing for a tasty linkage/gearing/robotic building thread...

From: Wes Matchett <wes@augustschell.com> (...) a dirigible webcam? (...) Using cables puts the cambot (...) images to a PC? Unless you have an infinite source of power you are going to need to be tethered anyway. If you just wanted to put something (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)