 Robotics / 4982
  RE: H8 & unaligned word accesses

(...) I am currently using the H8S/2144 processor at work. The above statement is totally correct - the H8 series is directly compatible with the 16-bit H8S series. Because the H8S is a true 16 bit processor, internal memory is always accessed as a (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: H8 & unaligned word accesses

(...) Brian, how does the rest of the Hitachi H8 line stack up? Up until now, I have been using Motorola exclusively, except for the odd PIC design and even a 4 bit NEC 75000 series design!!! The Hitachi gnu chain seems pretty decent, even the (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)