 Robotics / 4923
FW: Some comments (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 19:25:54 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Hempel [mailto:rhempel@bmts.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 1999 3:25 PM
To: John A. Tamplin
Subject: RE: Some comments (long)

First, the ROM already contains a significant amount of non-trivial code to
process the existing sensor types.  I would imagine any you would leverage
this code, and you simply did not mention this.  To add a new sensor type,
you could use the existing raw type and go at it from there.

Unfortunately, the ROM code (as I understand it) does not implement any
mechanism other than polling.  I would like to do things like block a
thread until a sensor value matched some criteria.  The only efficient
way to do that is to have the A/D-complete interrupt handler signal
waiting threads that their condition has been satisfied.

Hmmm, as I understand it, the A/D sampling takes place periodically
during the OC1A handler. There IS a A/D complete interrupt, and the vector
that handles it just disables the interrupt (I think).

It should be trivial for the Java machine to hook into the vector, signal the
waiting threads, and then do what is was supposed to in the first place.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.bmts.com/~rhempel/lego/pbFORTH/default.html>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com