 Robotics / 4829
  Re: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) JavaCard is highly specialized to a SmartCard application. As far as I know, the only way to communicate with a JavaCard interpreter is through the ISO APDU mechanism. You also don't have computation running in the background, since applets (...) (25 years ago, 4-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) already (...) smartcards). (...) That is right, but this is mainly enforced by the class library, which offcourse will have to be way different for the RCX. What I was getting at was that we do not need to implement the whole java bytecode (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Something else is needed, I think...

(...) You could certainly throw some sort of "unsupported" exception when you see a d* bytecode, but the biggest issues aren't implementing 64-bit ints and floats but rather garbage collection and threading. JC doesn't require either, but some (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)