 Robotics / 4726
Re: Og Needs More Inputs (fwd)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 12:26:42 GMT

----- Forwarded message from Kekoa Proudfoot -----

From: kekoa@pixel.Stanford.EDU (Kekoa Proudfoot)
Subject: Re: Og Needs More Inputs (fwd)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:11:18 GMT

Actually, I retract what I said about the light sensor and the touch
sensor, but not on the grounds you stated, or at least on clearer grounds
than you seemed to explain.  (That you can configure the touch sensor or
bias the photodetector seems to imply that you suggest adding components to
the standard LEGO-only system, which I assumed was not possible, since the
post I was responding to had placed such a restriction...)

----- End of forwarded message from Kekoa Proudfoot -----

I didn't say anything about adding components, I said "bias the detector so
it never goes to ground due to lack of light".

Yes, you could add a ballast resistor in there if you want. Lot of work for
nothing. And no, it doesn't require any internal change to the detector. It
can all be done external. I'll leave the exact process as an exercise.

The easiest way would be to take one of the light bricks and put it next to
the photodector with a piece of dark plastic over it.

We're only wanting to *bias* the detector.

The other way, which I hinted at, was simply to realize you don't generaly
play with the robots in a dark room because you can't see them.

       Three step plan: 1. Take over world. 2. Get lot's of cookies.
                        3. Eat the cookies.

                                                    Anonymous

       The Armadillo Group       ,::////;::-.          James Choate
       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage@ssz.com
       www.ssz.com            .',  ||||    `/( e\      512-451-7087