 Robotics / 4601
Re: IRPD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 20:13:19 GMT

In addition to checking for the width of the coke can, you could also
have the robot drive its light sensor right up to the coke can, and
check for what colour the can is.  I'm assuming that coke cans are red,
and that the walls aren't.
I don't know the rules for this challenge, but is the robot allowed to
bounce off of walls or coke cans?  If so, then build a bumper that is
above the height of a can, so that if the bumper hits something, you
know it's a wall and not a can.
If I'm not supposed to be giving ideas publicly, somebody please stop me.
--
Cheers,
Henry C.