 Robotics / 4596
    RE: IRPD —Joel Shafer
   You are right, technically what I am measuring is angle and not width. However, the IRPD code that I am using activates at about 4 inches away and the rules of the RCX challenge limit the obstacles to walls and coke cans, so I can pretty well (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: IRPD —OneTimeCRX
   In addition to checking for the width of the coke can, you could also have the robot drive its light sensor right up to the coke can, and check for what colour the can is. I'm assuming that coke cans are red, and that the walls aren't. I don't know (...) (25 years ago, 16-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)