 Robotics / 4588
Re: New RIK-user hints, bumpers, many topics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:07:04 GMT

I am currently trying to get the algorithm to work in pbFORTH, as I want to
get away from the standard RCX firmware constraints (32 global variables,
lack of subroutine nesting, etc) - and also because I think FORTH is a jolly
nice language, entirely suited to this type of thing.

John-
I don't know if you are aware of it, but LegOS (www.multimania.com/legos/.)
is a C/C++ based OS for the RCX. It is fully C compliant, and even
includes support for threading, semaphores, and the like. And, of course,
no limit on variables or subroutines. It might be what you are looking for...
Luis Villa

I don't much like C, but I used NQC as a means to an end because it uses the
standard firmware. If I am going to have to go to the trouble of downloading new
firmware then I'll go with FORTH (not just because I have a Jupiter Ace in the
loft).
--
John Cooper, Wallington, UK