 Robotics / 4572
RE: preventing IR tower shutdown
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:27:56 GMT

I am trying to figure out how to prevent the IR tower
from shutting down. I disassembled the tower, but I am
really not a hardware expert. My educated guess would
be that it might be enough to remove the big, silver
capacitor that is sitting right next to the battery
contacts, and then wire the two vacated contacts straight
through. But like I say, that's a guess. Any experts out
there?

Kay

Usually a capacitor lives across the power lines, and introducing a wire
would be a good way of drianing the battery, burning the wire and possibly
yourself!!!

DON'T DO THIS...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng