 Robotics / 4555
    What good is the small gear motor? —robkc
   I recently bought the small red gear motor to use in my panoramic camera mount. The purpose of the motor was to rotate a hammer to strike the camera shutter button after the camera had rotated. I wanted to use the small motor because I found that (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: What good is the small gear motor? —Doug Carlson
     Rob, I have had similar problems with the red micromotor. The motor will jam like this if the load is large enough to stall it. I was attempting to make a 'distributed' motor using three micromotors connected to the same power plate. This (...) (25 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: What good is the small gear motor? —Peter Hesketh
   In article <37154737.D4E6169F@home.com>, robkc <robkc@home.com> writes (...) Use a crank shaft and con rod like a piston engine. (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)