 Robotics / 4528
  clutch gear

Is the motor kit the only way to get a clutch gear? Joel Shafer joel@connect.net -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 12-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: clutch gear

(...) No, but it's probably the cheapest, unless it's in a Dacta spare parts kit I don't know about. Target had the 3735s on sale for over 50% off. It's also in the 8479 Bar Code Multi set, but that's $160. These are the only two sets that have it (...) (25 years ago, 13-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: clutch gear

(...) What's the clutch gear? Is it the same as the free-wheeling gear which comes in one of the Lego service packs? (either the diff one or the gear blocks one, I forget which) If not, could someone describe it? Stuart -- Did you check the web site (...) (25 years ago, 13-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What good is the small gear motor?

Rob, I have had similar problems with the red micromotor. The motor will jam like this if the load is large enough to stall it. I was attempting to make a 'distributed' motor using three micromotors connected to the same power plate. This (...) (25 years ago, 14-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  What good is the small gear motor?

I recently bought the small red gear motor to use in my panoramic camera mount. The purpose of the motor was to rotate a hammer to strike the camera shutter button after the camera had rotated. I wanted to use the small motor because I found that (...) (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What good is the small gear motor?

In article <37154737.D4E6169F@home.com>, robkc <robkc@home.com> writes (...) Use a crank shaft and con rod like a piston engine. (25 years ago, 15-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)