 Robotics / 4497
Re: Even more remote controls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 14:25:58 GMT

Previously, you (Keith Miller) wrote:
there are a few sites out there wif the required IR info.. I'll try and dig
em up tomorrow morning..
I'm gonna get my self a blank GB cart, and the device to upload the data to
the cart hopefully this comming friday..

Since you can control the IR LED directly you should be able to get this all
working in SW. You will need to modulate the IR with a 40Khz carrier. From there
you then turn on and off the carrier to create the start, data and stop bits.
This is basicly a SW implementation of a UART with the modulation as an extra
wrinkel. I'm in the middle of implementing Consumer_IR for our OS so if I can
be any help drop me a E-mail ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Iain M Barker <iainbarker@bigfoot.com>
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Date: Thursday, April 08, 1999 4:47 PM
Subject: RE: Even more remote controls

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Miller [mailto:kmiller@talon.net]
Sent: 02 April 1999 23:23
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com; Shawn Menninga

OKay.. heres an interesting thought.. someone write a program and
put it on
a gameboy cart, and use the color gameboys built in ir set..

I have the hardware and software to create Gameboy programs, but crucially,
i don't have enough knowledge of the IR format that the RCX uses. The IR
port on a Gameboy Color (sic) is driven at a very low level; you literally
turn the LED on and off by toggling a bit in a register. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Iain M Barker

--
iainbarker@bigfoot.com
Anything is possible if you don't know what you're talking about.