 Robotics / 4470
RE: Walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 08:58:38 GMT

do you have to email html?
It's rather irritating.

# -----Original Message-----
# From: Robot2n@aol.com
# Sent: 03 April 1999 21:39
# To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
# Subject: Walker
#
# --------------------------------------------------------------
# --------------
# [Unable to display image]Hi everyone,
#  The challenge of building a walking robot has always
# fascinated me, I
# had tried everything with the Technic Control Center, two,
# three, four,
# legged robots. Non worked. Then on receiving the 'RIS' for
# Christmas I
# Found a web site that I thought had solved my problems, <A
# HREF="http://home.concepts.nl/%7Ebvandam">http://home.concepts
# .nl/%7Ebvand
# am
# </A>, his robot used one motor to drive all four legs,
# Wonderful. No. The
# robot walked strangely and couldn't carry my RCX. So I
# scrapped this and
# 'designed' one from scratch, 3 hours later and several
# scrapped ideas,
# 'Boriz' was born It WORKED, but it wasn't strong enough to twist its
# middle section and carry the RCX, back to work...  After
# more hours of
# toil I had redesigned all three motor drives and if
# considerably slower,
# I had a robot that would carry anything... Boriz-2. See
# attached photo to
# see my design. I know you cant see it very well but full
# instructions /
# Design plans will be sent on request, Designs done with a
#
#
# wonderful windows based Lego creator, LEO-CAD Get a copy from: <A
# HREF="http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/3479/leocad.htm">http
# ://www.geoci
# ties
#
#
# .com/Colosseum/3479/leocad.htm
# </A>
#
#
#  For the Program used and the instructions E-mail me at
# Robot2n@yahoo.com, the instructions aren't finished yet but
# I'll get back
# to anyone who e-mails me. Any comments are appreciated.
#  Nathan Barguss, 14.  --
# Did you check the web site first?: http://www.crynwr.com/lego-robotics
#
#
#
Ken Guest
Credo Group Limited
Tel: +353-1-6310200 (New Number)
Fax: +353-1-6310300 (New Number)
Internet Address: kengu@credo.ie
Home Page: http://www.credo.ie

"THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS E-MAIL
MESSAGE ARE THE SENDER'S OWN AND DO NOT NECESSARILY
REPRESENT THE VIEWS AND THE OPINIONS OF CREDO GROUP
LIMITED OR ITS PARENT COMPANY"