 Robotics / 4433
4432  |  4434
Subject:
IR transmission from legOS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 03:04:51 GMT

Hi,

I built and installed legOS a couple of days ago, and I have
successfully compiled, downloaded and executed some of the
demos, as well as some code I wrote myself. But now I've come
across a problem:

I can't seem to transmit data via IR from the RCX to the desktop.
This works neither from the code that I wrote, nor from the
tm-and-ir demo that's part of the legOS distribution. Let me
describe in more detail what happens with the tm-and-ir demo.
Transmission from the desktop to the RCX works fine, I see all
characters displayed in the RCX LED window. But I don't see
the "hello world" message on my desktop screen, when I press
the "View" button. What's worse, the attempted transmission
of "hello world" messes up the connection such that I can't
even send chars from the desktop to the RCX anymore. Note:
baud rate, parity, stop bits and char size are set correctly,
as evident by the initially enabled transmission to the RCX.

I'd ask Markus directly, but he's probably busy enjoying his
new-found fame :)

Thanks for your help,
Kay