 Robotics / 4359
    Re: multi-device output controller —Lou Sortman
   There is no need to waste PWM levels on reverse. You can set the RCX motor output to reverse speeds as well, giving you 7 outputs (fwd and rvs) instead of 3 1/2. You need a bridge rectifier anyway; you might as well exploit it to indicate direction. (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: multi-device output controller —Alex Wetmore
   In my example the RCX output was just used to tell this mythical board which output to drive. Power for the output came from a battery box, always set to on. The RCX can't set direction on the battery box (at least not trivially). alex (...) -- Did (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: multi-device output controller —Lou Sortman
   Right. That is why you cannot use all 8 power levels. The polarity reversal that I am talking about is on the controlling (and only) output. I am already assuming, at this point, that drive power is stuck on as with your external battery box. (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)