 Robotics / 4290
Re: Robot intelligence
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 21:15:31 GMT

hancu <hancu@scf-fs.usc.edu> wrote:
It's all a matter of framing it in the correct reward/punishment context.
E.g., if you want it to learn its environment, punish it for not running
into things, reward it for actively avoiding obstacles (which opens the
question: How're you mapping the environment, but...)

I just got my mindstorms kit a week ago, and I was thinking of doing this
sort of thing using a stack or some other data type in c++... Does the
rcx have enough memory to make this possible?

If you use GCC to program your RCX, you have somewhere around 28K, which is
enough memory for a lot of things.

If you use anything based on the standard firmware, you have 32 registers
and no way of doing indirect addressing.  Things will be very difficult.

-Kekoa