 Robotics / 4268
4267  |  4269
Subject:
Physics Project [Suggestions]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 23:33:45 GMT

----- Forwarded message from Joel Shafer -----

Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 17:23:28 -0600
From: Joel Shafer <joel@connect.net>
Subject: Physics Project

My brother is completing his undergraduate degree by doing one last physics
project.  He asked for some ideas about what to do and I suggested
incorporating a Mindstorms kit.  The only requirement is that it has to
demonstrate a physics principle and the data has to be imported and
analyzed in LabView.

I thought about showing how Mindstorms could be used in education to teach
students physics principles.  This could be demonstrated by several small
experiments.

----- End of forwarded message from Joel Shafer -----

I've got some suggestions, I worked as an exhibit builder in a hands-on
science museum for 7 years. Such as;

gravity meter

centrifigal force

optical illusions

mechanics

mechanisms

        The trouble with acting according to your conscience is that
        once you start doing it, nobody can trust you any more.

                                            Alexis A. Gilliland

       The Armadillo Group       ,::////;::-.          James Choate
       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage@ssz.com
       www.ssz.com            .',  ||||    `/( e\      512-451-7087