 Robotics / 4250
Re: LEGO 9V battery box as project container
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 00:40:16 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Murray Altheim writes:
Well, I've been looking for a suitable container for my LEGO robotic
electronics projects, and I think I've finally found it. I got tired
of dremeling out the inside of bricks, especially since some of my
projects are bigger than the biggest brick.

The solution? I ordered several 9V battery boxes from LEGO S@H, part
#5391. It's a four-by-eight stud box, about 7/8" (22mm) tall.
The bottom hinged cover is easily removed and reveals a space approx.
1 3/4" x 1" x 11/16" inside (27mm x 45mm x 18mm). If one were to
stack two PC boards inside, there's plenty of room for many projects.

  Wow, I assumed the battery box was the one that comes with the 3735
motor kit.  It's 4x14 by about 1 1/2" tall.  This must use a 9V battery
instead of 6 AA cells.

The nice thing is that these only cost US$5.50, which makes them
pretty inexpensive. If you *really* needed more space, you could
even put two together. I'm going to use one to build Dennis Clark's
proximity detector.

  And THAT price can't be beat for getting another power connector
block too!

DLC