 Robotics / 4159
RE: sale at eToys
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:18:05 GMT

Does anyone know which micro motor is in the 6979 set below. (I prefer
the 5225 gear motor.)  Looks like mostly specialized parts however.
E-toys has it for 49.99 for the moment.  Is it worth the motor and fiber
optic?

Canned Description from E-Toys: It's the most feared ship in the galaxy.
Pulsating red lights created by fiber optics light the way for the
Interstellar Starfighter. A smaller ship attaches to the Starfighter
with magnets, then releases for quick getaways. Encrypted stickers await
your touch and give you clues to the aliens' dastardly plans! Includes
one droid and two aliens. Red lights are powered by a micro motor which
requires one 9-volt battery. 289 pieces. LEGO product number 6979.

Wayne W. Schott
schott@netwurx.net
Eagle, WI, USA

----------
From: Alex Wetmore[SMTP:alex@phred.org]
Sent: Friday, March 05, 1999 12:43 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: sale at eToys

eToys is having a promotion for firsttime customers of $10 off.  Use
coupon
C6993 at checkout, and it runs until March 15th.  They also have the
fiber
optic multiset for 30% off, and this has the fiber optic piece which can
make a makeshift rotation sensor.

http://www.etoys.com

alex
ps. I'm not affiliated with eToys, just happy to have found this deal on
lugnet.general.